Founded in Copenhagen in 1901
Our company was founded in Copenhagen in 1901 by Einar Willumsen himself based on a vision to manufacture better flavours, extracts and essential oils.
Following a successful start, a subsidiary was founded in Malmø, Sweden, which began its own manufacturing in 1904.
Shortly before recession hit the entire world Einar Willumsen was established as a limited company, and when Einar Willumsen lost the fight against cancer in 1929 he left the majority of his shares to his sister Fanny Willumsen, who shortly before her death in 1956 established the “Einar Willumsen foundation”, which has been the main shareholder in Einar Willumsen ever since. The foundation donates funds for general scientific research and to research in cancer and ophthalmology. The company has its head office in Brøndby, Copenhagen and an affiliate in Malmø.