Dairy Scientist R&D
passionate about flavour solutions in dairy products? Would you like an opportunity to apply your hands-on product development skills and test your ideas in new applications? Then you might be our new Dairy Scientist in the Flavour Creation unit at A/S Einar Willumsen.
In your daily work at Einar Willumsen you will handle a broad range of tasks in relation to specific customer projects. You will juggle research, product development, application technology, sample orders and an upscaling process for dairy flavours (such as Enzyme Modified Cheese). You enjoy both scientific and practical tasks and you can adapt swiftly to changing priorities and challenging deadlines.
You will join our ambitious R&D team at the headquarters in Brøndby that today consists of 15 flavourists, application specialists and laboratory technicians. The position of Dairy Scientist belongs to The Flavour Creation unit that has seven dedicated members.
You will work independently as well as have close collaboration with several departments outside of the development/application team – such as sales, marketing, regulatory affairs, purchasing and production.
Primary tasks and responsibilities
- Develop new dairy flavours, typically based on biotechnology
- Establish a fundamental understanding of the sensory correlation between biotech flavours and dairy products
- Improve and optimize the existing product range
- Prepare sample orders of new dairy flavours
- Upscale new approved products in Pilot Plant for commercialization
- Approve new raw materials for biotech products
- Prepare SOP, instructions and other needed documentation for approved equipment and biotech products for validation and HACCP approval of new products
- Deliver new and validated products to Quality Control, Regulatory Affairs and Production units
- Contact with universities and other academia for relevant projects
- Manage scientific and practical ad hoc tasks when necessary (complaints, productions issues, lab issues etc.)
Who are you?
You have a Master or Ph.D. degree in dairy science or biotechnology as well as practical industrial experience with fermented dairy products.
You are a team player and have strong interpersonal and communication skills. You possess a creative mindset and a practical, solution-oriented approach to your projects. A good sense of humor is highly appreciated as well.
As you will become a part of an international team that currently counts 5 nationalities, it is necessary that you are fluent in English and fluent (or semi-fluent) in Danish.
What can we offer?
We offer an exciting and challenging job in a highly collaborative environment. We help each other within and across our departments and apply our creative, innovative, and solution-oriented skills to help our customers.
You will be part of an international company with many possibilities for personal development, and we offer an attractive salary package. And one thing we can promise – it will never be boring.
How to apply:
A/S Einar Willumsen (EW) was founded in 1901 and today we are the leading Nordic producer and supplier of flavours, extracts, distillates and compounds to the food and beverage industries. We have our headquarters in Brøndby and a subsidiary in Malmø. In EW you will get approximately 90 colleagues from more than 10 countries. EW’s major shareholder is a foundation that donates a part of the profit to cancer research and research in other diseases. We have a strong financial foundation for our ambitious growth strategy.
EW is founded on and still lives by our strong Nordic values: Reliability, flexibility, innovation, and of course our motto: “When speed and taste matter”.
How to apply:
If you find the position interesting, please send your application and CV to [email protected] We wish to hire as fast as possible, so we will call in relevant candidates on an ongoing basis.